The Light of Newly Found Love
Some say we're crazy. Some say I'm on the rebound and he's just someone I'm stepping on to move past an old heartache. Others say we're moving too fast and need to slow down. I say: screw all you people!
Aaron and I officially got involved with each other on April 3, 2011 when he first kissed me. On April 5, 2011 at approximately 10:00 PM, Aaron officially asked me to be his girlfriend. At 10:15 PM, he told me he was in love with me. And at 10:20 PM, I admitted that I too, was hopelessly in love with him.
On August 13, 2011, exactly four months and ten days later, Aaron and I moved in together. The date, August 13th, alone means so much to me. It was my late grandmother's birthday and the only date we could fit moving into was that day. To me, it was fate and my grandmother's way of telling me she approved and that this was the decision that would make me happy.
Aaron makes me the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. I feel so light and so youthful with him. Yes, I'm only 23, so I'm sure without explanation, that comment makes no sense. My whole life, I've felt like I was forty years old. The term used is that I was "robbed of my childhood" at a young age. Whatever you want to call it, I was forced to grow up very young and never really had that feeling of a carefree youth. Aaron has given that back to me. Before I was this very serious person obsessed with my outward perception who couldn't lose control over anything or I'd go mad. Aaron changed that for me--and he probably didn't even know he was doing it.
This is how I want to start this blog. So many people are questioning the validity of my relationship with Aaron. What no one understands, is that it's OUR relationship. We make each other so happy and are basking in the light of our newly found love. No matter how many unwanted shadows thrust upon us in an effort to help, he and I are happy, and that should be all that matters.
So here's to the future of us. Ups, downs, in between. I'm excited to experience it all with the man I love so dearly.
- Ashley
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
|
Labels:
Ashley
|
0 comments:
Post a Comment